Gluten free diet shouldn’t mean missing out on breads and cake. I love to take carbs in my breakfast and at tea time. Usually gluten free breads are a bit dry for me and I always have to take butter or cream with it so it becomes easy to swallow. Now rather than buying breads from the market I am learning to bake my own.I recently tried an amazing gluten free cornbread recipe and it was rich in taste and texture.
So Today I am giving you this head turning recipe of sweet cornbread that you can enjoy at breakfast. If you have celiac disease or your are just trying a gluten free diet then this is a 100% recommendation.
Cornmeal – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 1 cup (White, brown or raw)
Gluten Free All Purpose Flour – ½ cup
Salt – 1 tspn
Baking Powder – 1 tspn
Melted Butter- 250g
Vegetable oil – 2/3 cup
Honey – 2 tbpn
Butter Milk – 1 cup
*If you do not have butter milk then add 2-3 tablespoon of lemon juice in regular milk (it will give the same texture and taste to the bread)
- Take a large bowl and add all the dry ingredients in it. Including cornmeal, baking powder, all-purpose flour, sugar and salt.
- Combine it really well with the help of a spoon and put it aside.
- Now melt your butter in microwave and let it cool. (bring it to room temperature)
- Take another large bowl and beat eggs in it. Beat it for 2-3 minutes with the help of an electric beater. Now add butter milk in it and beat it util well combined.
- Now we will add melted butter and honey in our liquid mixture. Blend it all together.
- Now add vegetable oil. We are using vegetable oil to make our bread super moist and cakey
- Now beat everything for 2-3 minutes or until mixed well.
- Keep that in mind that honey takes a little bit longer to blend with other things. So its important to beat till all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Now add in the dry ingredients slowly and keep on blending both the wet and dry ingredients to make a batter . If the batter is too think then you can add a bit of milk to manage its consistency.
- Consistency of the batter should be a bit thicker than a pancake mixture.
- Now preheat your oven at 280 degrees.
- Pour your cornbread mixture in a bread baking pan (Don’t forget to oil the sides and the base of your tray before pouring the mixture)
- Now bake it for 30-40 minutes. Keep on checking by putting a knife or toothpick in the center of your baking pan. The moment your knife or toothpick comes out clean take out your pan from the oven.
- Let it cool down and cut it into pieces to enjoy it with tea or coffee.
- Melted butter should be brought to room temperature before using.
- It’s important to let it cool properly before cutting.
- If your batter is too think you can add more milk to make it an even paste. If it’s too runny then add cornmeal in it.